Feb 05 2010
With the impending blizzard, what else will there be to do other than a) shovel snow, and b) visit your local pub. The answer is c) go sledding. Here’s a list of the best places to go sledding in Baltimore. Please feel free to add any that you know of in the comments section!
1. Baltimore County Board of Education (aka Greenwood) on Charles Street in Ruxton/Towson area of Baltimore County. This was my favorite growing up. It’s about a 5 minute drive north of the city county line. Watch out for the big ditch at the bottom!
2. Patterson Park – Near the Pagoda offers some good hills. Great place to hobnob with the neighbors. Adults and kids alike. Also good place to join a snowball fight.
3. Federal Hill Park – Also a good place for a snowball fight. Be careful which hill to pick, as some will launch you out over Key Highway.
4. Suicide Hill – At the Baltimore Country Club (4712 Club Road) in Roland Park. This has always been rated the best sledding hill in Baltimore, but rumor has it the club has constructed fences across the hill to keep would-be sledders away. If do you try to go there, beware – it is trespassing.
5. Leakin Park – Off of Windsor Mill Road on Eagle Drive. Past the tennis courts near the Crimea Mansion
6. Oregon Ridge State Park – 13401 Beaver Dam Road. This is a former ski slope.
7. Herring Run Park – Harford Road and Argonne Dr. near Lake Montebello
5 Comments to “Baltimore’s Best Sledding Hills”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.