Sep 12 2007

Silo Point – Locust Point New Website

Published by at 9:09 am under Locust Point

Silo Point has their new website up.? It’s a nice

looking site, and you get an idea of what an incredible property Silo Point will be.? The views from the upper floors and the 19th floor Sky Lounge will likely be the best in Baltimore.? If you happen to be buying one of these new units, please send me an invite to get me into the Sky Lounge.? The site has floorplans – the top 2 penthouses are 2 story 3 bedroom beauties.

Check out the Silo Point Location page with it’s map of Locust Point. It’s interesting to see what they did and didn’t consider worthy of noting on the map.? J. Patricks – no, Wine Market – yes,? Trumans – no, Cupcake Factory – yes…

New website

6 Comments to “Silo Point – Locust Point New Website”

1. Troyon 12 Sep 2007 at 11:24 pm

Yippee, more yuppies moving in, walking past good bars commenting “hope that place gets” sold soon” on the way to the wine market. Walking past family homes commenting “hope that house gets rehabbed soon” while admiring the 4th story roof deck on the still vacant new townhouses waiting to be flipped. More cars stuck on Andre or Fort ave. More property tax bils. Local restaurants raising their prices to cater to the new people. Yippee.

2. anomon 13 Sep 2007 at 11:43 am

Is your house for sale? I want to rehab it.

3. Troyon 13 Sep 2007 at 1:18 pm

Nope, I’m staying put, and keeping my formstone. Sorry.

4. LPismyhomeon 13 Sep 2007 at 3:27 pm

Question about formstone. Why is formstone considered “real” Baltimore, “non-yuppie” Baltimore when the brick IS the original Baltimore? Look at Ft. McHenry. It was built out of brick and no one dared to cover it w/ formstone (thank god). Just wondering. My take on it is that it was just a really bad fad in the 40′s and 50′s, and that it doesn’t mean it should stick around. Kind of like segregation and turtleneck sweaters for men.

5. Glenon 13 Sep 2007 at 11:36 pm

Well that’s one way to look at it Troy. Another would be that new residents will continue to help support businesses in the area. Whether those businesses are new or old. The McHenry Row project – with a mix of retail, business, and restaurants – will certainly benefit many if not most area residents, new or long-term. Without new residents, LP and the surrounding neighborhoods wouldn’t have the population and density to support such projects.

6. sobojeffon 14 Sep 2007 at 6:47 am

The place that he lives is changing and that can be hard to swallow. Every time I got home to my hometown in NY I get sad seeing the old strip malls that housed my favorite pizza place or Chinese restaurant get torn down for a wall greens or bigger strip mall. LP is a unique place in that it never felt the bite of crime so the argument that gentrification of LP will help reduce crime in the same way that gentrification has reduced crime in patterson park. So in the unique case of LP, development is not really needed to improve the existing citizen’s lives so the long time residents have every right to not want it in the area. IMO gentrification is good only if it help the people who are already in the neighborhood as well as the new yuppies. And I am a card carrying member of the yuppie club who lives in Riverside (NOT FEDERAL HILL). But that not to say that there still isn’t a whole lot of genuine LP still in LP and the gentrification will take decades before the corner bars shut down if they ever shut down at all. There is also the homestead tax credit that protects long time residents from the tax impact of increasing house prices. I am not sure how Troy’s math worked out, but since I bought my house in 1998 my tax bill has gone up only 300/year. I don’t think that is unreasonable given the length of time and the increased saleable value my house has now. .

Trackback URI | Comments RSS